Solo: A Star Wars Story
USA | 2018 | 134mins | M Violence
- Directed by Ron Howard (‘Rush’, ‘Frost/Nixon’, ‘A Beautiful Mind’, ‘Apollo 13’)
- Starring Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Joonas Suotamo, Paul Bettany
- Written by Jon Kasdan, Lawrence Kasdan
- Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Blockbuster
- Official website
- Monday, 25 June, 7:30PM NEW
- Friday, 29 June, 7:30PM
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away ins this all-new stand-alone adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
Han Solo leads Lucasfilm’s this second standalone Star Wars film, passing Harrison Ford’s role down to Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!). The film follows Han and Chewbacca before they joined the Rebellion. Donald Glover (Atlanta) plays young Lando Calrissian.
But like its title character pulling off a crazy scheme just in the nick of time, Solo is a swashbuckling success, a space adventure that pays homage to the DNA of the original films while carving out its own unique space in the canon. It’s a sheer delight, but it also has the courage to explore the darker aspects of a character who could have all too easily been polished to an inoffensive, family-friendly Disney sheen. The Verge