On the Basis of Sex
USA | 2019 | 120min | M Offensive language
- Directed by Mimi Leder (‘Pay It Forward’, ‘The Peacemaker’, ‘Deep Impact’)
- Starring Felicity Jones, Armie Hammer, Justin Theroux, Jack Reynor, Kathy Bates, Sam Waterston, Stephen Root, Cailee Spaeny
- Written by Daniel Stiepleman
- Drama, True Story & Biography
- 1 Mar, Saturday, 7:30PM NEW
- 4 Mar, Wed, 2PM
The film tells an inspiring and spirited true story that follows young lawyer Ruth Bader Ginsburg as she teams with her husband Marty to bring a groundbreaking case before the U.S. Court of Appeals and overturn a century of gender discrimination.
The feature premiered in 2018 in line with Justice Ginsburg’s 25th anniversary on the Supreme Court.
Multiple Emmy winner Mimi Heder directs Felicity Jones as Ruth Bader Ginsburg in this political biopic co-starring Armie Hammer (Call Me By Your Name). The film recounts Ginsburg’s struggle for equal rights and what she had to overcome in order to become a U.S. Supreme Court Justice.
well-acted with a fascinating subject,
Allen Adams, The Maine Edge
beautifully argues the importance of Ginsburg’s work – prior to the Supreme Court – and is a lovely tribute
Katie Walsh, Tribune News Service