UK, Poland, 2017, 95mins, M Adult themes
- Directed by Dorota Kobiela (‘The Flying Machine’), Hugh Welchman (feature debut)
- Starring Saoirse Ronan, Aidan Turner, Douglas Booth, Eleanor Tomlinson, Chris O’Dowd, Helen McCrory, John Sessions
- Written by Dorota Kobiela, Hugh Welchman, Jacek von Dehnel
- Animated, Drama, Historical | Official website
- Sunday, 25TH February, 5PM NEW
- Wednesday, 28TH February, 2PM
- Wednesday, 7 March, 7:30PM
The screen shimmers as a living organism befitting and indeed resembling the work of its subject. CineVue
This feature-length painted animation — the first film of its kind — explores the life and unusual death of Vincent Van Gogh via depictions of his artworks. Directed by Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman.
The film uses a new oil painting for each shot, with movement added from one frame to the next by a painter’s brush. Around 100 artists have been involved in the film, and in the process have composed more than 56,000 paintings.