The Guernsey Literature and Potato Peel Pie Society
- Directed by Mike Newell (‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’, ‘Great Expectations’, ‘Donnie Brasco’)
- Starring Lily James, Jessica Brown Findlay, Matthew Goode, Michiel Huisman, Katherine Parkinson, Glen Powell, Tom Courtenay, Kit Connor
- Written by Don Roos, Thomas Bezucha (based on the novel of the same name by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows)
- Drama, Romance, Historical USA
- 26 April, Thursday, 7:30PM Members Night, NEW
- 29 April, Sunday, 5PM
- 2 MAY, Wednesday, 2PM
Lily James stars in this historical drama based on the novel of the same name. Directed by Mike Newell (Four Weddings and a Funeral), James plays free-spirited journalist Juliet Ashton, who forms a life-changing bond with the delightful and eccentric Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. She decides to write about the book club they formed during the occupation of Guernsey in WWII.
Review of to the book on which the film is based:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society commemorates beautiful spirits who pass through our midst and hunker undercover through brutal times. Shaffer’s Guernsey characters step from the past radiant with eccentricity and kindly humour, a comic version of the state of grace.